Sunday, September 1, 2013

August Favorites

(Woah, September first where did you come from? Let's reel the calendar back to August for one slim moment and forget that I'm late, shall we?)

1. Steal My Heart Shirt {Forever 21} {$12.80}

Forever 21

Okay, I'm calling it that cut off shirts are coming into style. They're tomboy-ish, yet they still have a touch of feminine qualities with rhinestones and cool patterns (I have another that is light blue with a tie dye type pattern). I love love love this one and I like to pair it with colored jeans/shorts and I sometimes shake it up by adding my denim vest.

2. Bruises {Train ft. Ashley Monroe} {Free! or $1.29 on iTunes}


So, I usually do clothing and jewelry and make-up and all that jazz, but today I'm shaking things up a bit. I am absolutely in LOVE with this song by Train. Usually when I sit down to write, I either play music under my iTunes library or make a play list through YouTube as it's free and this song is currently my favorite to write to. You can obviously listen to this on YouTube to your heart's content or buy it on iTunes for $1.29 or if you're a little rebel and do it illegally, like I'm not here to judge, just do what you gotta do.

3. Target Studded Swim Top {Target} {Clearance for $6.98}

Target


So I know summer is totally over, but this is AUGUST favorites which in case you forget is still the last glorious month of summer. And who knows, maybe you live below the equator and your currently recovering from winter and you're in serious need of a bathing suit top, like you never know. Anyways, my parents are major cheap when it comes to bathing suits as holy heck women's bathing suits are all expense and sold separately and complicated. To be honest, they usually only buy me one new bathing suit every summer (or two if I'm going somewhere cool other than the typical week long beach trip), so when I go shopping I look for tops and bottoms that can be matched with other tops and bottoms. This is by far my favorite top as it goes with all my bottoms and isn't the typical plain and simple "go with everything" top. I'm obsessed with studs and the color gold, so this one was an obvious win win.

4. V-Necks {Target} {$5.00-$9.00}

Target

When I was in middle school, I absolutely LOVED v-necks. I was very (very very) fashionably challenged back then and I'm pretty sure I wore a v-neck almost every day. I don't exactly wear a v-neck every day anymore, but anytime I'm running late for school or I don't want to get too dressed up, I'll wear a simple v-neck from target and pair it with a cute long necklace and/or earrings. I love how Target changes up their colors frequently and if you catch them when they're currently trying to sell their old colors to make room for new colors you can get them pretty cheap at five or six dollars.

5. Cross Necklace {Forever 21} {$2.80}

Forever 21

I've been looking for a simple cross necklace for some time and I absolutely love this one! I'm not a fan of the picture as the color isn't exactly the same as my necklace's, but it's the best I could do. Recently I've had this big craze in gold jewelry. If there's ever a choice between gold and silver I'll almost always go with gold and I have very few pieces of silver jewelry nowadays. Maybe it's just me or maybe I'm actually on track with the latest fashion and gold jewelry is so in and I'm just unawaringly buying a lot of it, who knows.

Have a fabulous day.

No comments:

Post a Comment