Sunday, September 22, 2013

The Last Quarter of the Year

I saw my first Christmas commercial today.

In September.

In the middle of 80 something degree weather.

While I changed into shorts and a t shirt because mother of all things good it's too too hot outside.

But praise Jesus for the first ring of Christmas bells. Yes. I'm one of those people. Extra emphasis on those if you weren't following me.

I love Thanksgiving. I love my feet are going to fall off because it's so effing cold soccer practices. I love boots and scarves and long sleeve t-shirts. I love red sniffling noses that are the aftermath of only two minutes outside. I love it. All of it.

Not to mention the transitioning season of fall that seems to be looked over far too often. Halloween, Halloween candy, Halloween decorations, old school Halloween Disney movies, Halloween Halloween Halloween. And the leaves, oh the leaves. Mustard yellow. Crimson red. Sun bleached grass green. Yucky insect chewed brown that ties all the colors together. 

I'm in heaven.

My calendar shows way more months have passed than months to come. Only a few pages wait their turn to be showcased for thirty some days. The year is tying up in a bright red Christmas patterned bow.




We're in the last quarter of the year. Make it fabulous.


No comments:

Post a Comment