Thursday, July 11, 2013

Texas Y'all

(Not only did I make a new header, but I also completed the Texas post. I'm crossing things off my to-do list y'all.)

I spent my time last week in Texas. It's definately not one of my favorite cities as I'm not a big fan of the heat I experienced there (or the hotel we were staying at), but it was nice to visit somewhere new. They're a state rich with cultural and many interesting sites to see.

I stayed in San Antonio where I remembered the Alamo, visited Sea World, and toured the river walk. Also if you're ever visiting, be sure to check out a little Mexican store (I say that with no intentions of racism, it was a store that sold many items from Mexico). It sells the coolest little knick-knacks where I bought a neat handpainted skull similar to the ones I've read about in textbooks that are used for Dia de Muertos. I can't exactly give you a street address or anything, but it's on the same road as the next place I'm about to recommend to you, just a little farther down and I'm sure you could ask locals about it. And I also recommend Jackalope Joe's, which is another neat little store who had one of the nicest sales ladies I'd ever met (if you type in Jackalope Joe's San Antonio in Google you can get the address, there's only one).

There's not much more to talk about, but a couple of pictures to share.



*insert childlike chant here*
M-I-SS-I-SS-I-PP-I
Thanks to the riverwalk, there were beauitful
bridges placed everywhere in the city.



And a big shout out to the city of San Antonio for putting on a fabulous firework display. It was hands down the best firework show I'd ever sat through.


For our flight home, we had to get up at 3:30 in the morning, but the view a couple of hours later in the sky was totally worth it. Best sunset of my life and totally something everyone should add to their bucket list.

And sorry for the lack of pictures. I took plenty of them in Texas but most of them were group pictures or pictures of myself/myself and friends and I'm not really that keen on revealing who I am. Usually when I go places I try to take specific pictures for the blog and there wasn't too much time for that. 

But anyways, have  fabulous day.

No comments:

Post a Comment