Thursday, January 17, 2013

Rainy Thursdays

I'm currently sitting in the dark, illuminated by the faint glow of my TV and iPhone, with the soft hum of rain in the background.

With a can of BBQ Pringles by my side, I'm bringing you my thoughts on this drizzly day.

Aside from the constant drops of water on our government bought windows, school was the same. During fourth period I came to a boredom led conclusion:

Normality is bad.

In the land of high school, everybody wants to be normal but nobody wants to be the same, two things I feel go hand in hand. Honestly, the latter is usually a silent wish. A dream that never happens because becoming different requires becoming abnormal, social suicide if you'd like (yes, I just semi-quoted Mean Girls).

I guess one of my favorite quotes helps sum up the dilemma:

"It is only when we decide that 'ordinary' is an insult, that we become the exquisite miracles we were born to be.”

And we are exquisite miracles at that.

Have a fabulous day.




No comments:

Post a Comment