Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Just Keep Swimming

Seldom do I write posts that truly get into my "personal" life, but I'm feeling the need to venture outside of my blogging box. 

Today I had my last high school swim meet of the season. I'm no Michael Phelps, but it's something that I truly enjoy doing. 

I love getting up onto the block and the excitement of all eyes on me. Then I get a wrenching feeling in my stomach. There are so many things that could go wrong. 

My goggles could fall off.

My swim cap could slip off my head.

I could finish completely last.

Everything goes through my mind and I rerun my self made game plan.

When I finally get into the ready position, for a just a half second, I feel like an Olympic swimmer. And in that millisecond between "take your mark" and "go", I am on top of the world. I dive with confidence and imagine how great it probably looked. 

There's no better feeling than getting out of the water with a good time reflecting on the score board behind you. I walk with an unseen arrogance back to my team and let the "good jobs" sink in slowly.

Have a fabulous Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment