Saturday, January 12, 2013

Beach Blog Part 2

I'm going to start off by saying most of my pictures I just cropped and ran through a filter. The lighting was a little weird on the beach and to save myself from frustration I just used a combination of instagram and random editing websites.

I know it's been a while since I've promised this post, but life's been pretty busy.

Even though the beach seems like a distant memory, I look back on it pretty often.


I can still hear the ceaseless tumble of the ocean and the shrill call of the seagull (and yes please excuse the multiple seagull pictures).



Our trip was like a glimpse into summer, what all could be ours. We started planning her senior week (I'm a year younger but I've already been given an invitation to this special event) and quite honestly our lives. We talked futures, colleges, kids, boyfriends, jobs, everything. I left feeling excited for what is to come.



Every time I visit the beach I get an urgency to want to live my life here. I want to raise my kids with constant sand in their diapers and sun bleached blonde hair. I want the rhythm of the waves to sing them to sleep every night and for the ocean to not be a once every summer visit, I want it to be their home.





I guess you could say the beach turns me into a dreamer, not that I'm not already one anyways. 





There's nothing more fabulous than the beach.


No comments:

Post a Comment