Saturday, June 1, 2013

Writer's Block

For once in my life I have time to write a post. Like I actually have time to sit down and think up and produce a well thought out post that might actually be longer than four paragraphs.


But here's the irony. I have nothing to write. I'm still waiting on some big epiphany that usually precedes a majority of my posts. I never have to sit and come up with an idea, they come to me. Like what is this madness?

I actually have pictures on my phone that have already been edited too. I just need a post that can join them. I have the perfect combination of things going on that should result in a good post. The stars have aligned. Everything should be falling into place. 


But no. 


I don't even believe in writer's block. Everybody can write something. If I really had writer's block, I wouldn't have been able to come up with the sentences above. It's just an excuse. An element that writer's use to explain their lack of good material. I feel if you can get past the thought that your inability to write a good piece is coming from some made up shit called "writer's block" then you can actually come up with a pretty decent story. Like don't chalk up your moment of unsureness to some fictional principle. 

Just start writing.


See what I did there? Even rambling is a good way to get a post going. I just started talking and I already had a post started, which in my opinion is always the hardest thing to do. I never know where to begin. I can know exactly what I want to talk about, I can know exactly the things I want to cover, and I can know exactly the things that need to be addressed, but for crying out loud I can't get the damn thing started.

 So like the name of my blog is Sunsets and Sundays for God's sake, but how long has it been since I've had a picture of a Sunset on here? Like for-freaking-ever. So soak up this beauty.



Anyways. Get over your little "writer's block" and start writing. Get outside and live a little. Read a book. Watch some TV. Check your twitter. Get inspired.

Have a fabulous day.






No comments:

Post a Comment